VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect (RLA) or Planner (AICP) to join our staff as a Project Manager. The successful candidate will have a strong background in business development, client and agency relations, and urban design and entitlement planning. They will also be able to readily manage and integrate landscape, civil, architectural, utility, and other aspects of site planning into a coordinated site development design. This entails experience in the oversight and production of a wide range of documents including Concept Plans, Subdivision Plans, Entitlement Site Plans, Natural Resource Inventories, and Forest Conservation Plans. Familiarity with subdivision, zoning, and environmental codes, as well as area and functional regulatory plans is necessary.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties and the cities of Rockville and Gaithersburg and we expect the successful candidate to have experience in these jurisdictions. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants into a well-conceived design and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, TOD, and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, our design portfolio includes a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles; a desire to create environments people take ownership of and pride in is essential. These tasks will need to be done in parallel with the basic project management requirements of scheduling, budgeting, billing, and client service. It is assumed that a Project Manager will need some oversight by senior management, but that they will be able to run most day-to-day tasks.
In sum, we are looking specifically for a manager who can help our company continue to grow supervising project teams to stay on schedule and within budget while providing excellent quality and service.
- Manage and integrate landscape, civil, architectural, utility, and other aspects of site development into a coordinated site development design
- Build our book of business through various business development efforts, while managing multiple projects and deadlines with numerous team members and agencies
- Oversee the design and preparation of entitlement plans: concept plans, subdivision plans, site plans, rezoning plans, and conditional use/special exception plans
- Assign responsibilities and mentor staff; supervise, coordinate, and review the work of junior designers and CAD technicians
- Manage clients, consultants, and project teams to lead workflow, schedules, and deliverables through entitlement.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making abilities and leadership skills
- Proven working experience as a project manager
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Understanding of multiple disciplines
- Current landscape architecture license of AICP certification
- Time management and organization skills
VIKA currently offers great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org