VIKA, Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced Engineering Project Manager (Professional license preferred) to join the staff in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the production of a wide range of plans and specifications including: site grading & utilities; public improvements, sediment control, storm water management, roadway, water & sewer, maintenance of traffic, and environmental site design.
Qualified candidate shall have specific Montgomery &/or Prince George’s County experience and be successful at representing clients and working with public agencies including M-NCP&PC, DOT, DEP, WSSC, and MSHA staff on a range of issues as well as have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Lastly, the successful candidate needs to be comfortable working efficiently as well as working under tight deadlines.
It is expected that the candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and be a Maryland Licensed Professional Engineer (PE). Must be fluent in computer programs standard within the industry including AutoCAD, Civil-3D, Excel, and Power Point, as well as have solid grading and utility design skills.
- Ability to work independently, supervise, coordinate, and review the assigned work of design engineers and technicians.
- Manage complex to routine design tasks.
- Ability to manage the preparation of engineering documents for specific components of a project including storm water management design (ESD and structural solutions), sediment erosion control, storm drain design and computations, WSSC water and sewer design, grade establishment plans, and maintenance of traffic plans.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Interact occasionally with clients to interpret their needs, requirements and represent them in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide aid and technical support.
- Works Independently on All Assignments to the General Results Expected
- Consistently Demonstrates Good Communication Skills
- Coordinates Efforts with Client, Agencies, VIKA Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Surveying, and Planning Staff, and Other Consultants
- Attends Client Meetings
- Assists with Proposals
- May Be Responsible for Billing
- Mentors Design Engineers, Project Engineers, Assistant Project Managers, and Senior Project Engineer
- Proven working experience as a Civil Project Engineer
- Current engineer license preferred
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Ability to work with multi-discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Requires a BS/BA degree with a minimum of 3 years in civil engineering and working towards obtaining a Professional Engineer license.
VIKA currently offers great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org