VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an Arborist/Landscape Architect to join our staff in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a degree in landscape architecture, arboriculture, or a related field with experience in natural resource inventories and forest conservation plans, as well as a general environmental and ecological design foundation. A MD Licensed Tree Expert, landscape architecture license, or an International Society of Arborists certification is preferred.
Our office provides landscape architecture, planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. The successful candidate for this position will work with our designers from initial property inventories to construction oversight. They will typically begin by analyzing existing environmental conditions, including tree assessments; follow up with the creation of forest conservation and tree protection plans; and oversee construction crews impacting critical root zones and environmental buffers.
Minimum Educational Requirement & Preferred Professional Licenses/Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arboriculture, Landscape Architecture, or a related field
- Landscape Architecture License
- ISA Certification
- Maryland Licensed Tree Expert
Technical Requirements & Experience:
- Ability to provide complete tree assessments and protection recommendations
- Knowledge of plant material found in the Piedmont region
- Experience in preparing Forest Conservation plans, Natural Resource Inventory plans, Forest Stand Delineation plans, and preparing Tree Variance requests
- Experience within Montgomery County and Prince George’s County is an advantage
- Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of horticulture, grading and drainage, construction materials, and construction detailing
- Comfort with field work and construction sites
- To be considered for this position we will request work examples and references
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Human Resources at email@example.com